So every year when I was living at home my dad always used to carve three pumkins (one for each kid). They were very complicated and sometimes would stay up very late carving them for us. But I guess this year he didn't do any much to my sister disappointment! But that is one tradition that I have akways wanted to keep even when we have a family of our own! (if you didn't know there IS a bun in the oven!!) so this year Wade and I went and picked out the PERFECT pumpkin we could find! so here is how I carved the pumkin I thought I did pretty good and I am sure my dad would be proud!

This is the beginning just taking the guts out and getting all the tools ready!

first I carved out the mouth and eyes.

Then the top of the tree.

then the left side of the tree...I messed up a little bit but that was the nice thing about this pattern is that it didn't matter much because it was just a tree branch and it didn't have to be perfect.

Then I did the other side...and then I was done. We then went and helped Randy and Joanne and Kari move into the house that they are renovating! the house is 40 years old and only had one owner before them! but there was A LOT of wallpaper and what not but they were just a movin' with stripping the walls and painting. We helped move them unil around 6:30 P.M.

We then went home and lit the pumkin and waited for kids! and after ALL that we got a total of TWO kids yes thats right we got TWO kids... very disappointing but oh well! I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween filled with LOTS of candy!!! Hopefully soon I will update everyone with Dog pictures and what not!!
until next time!
T
Wow awesome pumpkin Tara!!
ReplyDeleteand I loved your "bun in the oven" comment!
:D