Thursday, August 20, 2009

The backyard report...

I know I know it has been awhile!! we have been super busy what with the new dog and going to B.C. and trying to get our thank-you's out (which by the way STILL are not done!) so what have we been doing? well it might take a couple of posts to cover it all but here is the first one we have officially ripped up our ENTIRE backyard...why? you may ask well here arethe reasons.... (WARNING: there may be photos that you might not want to see...just warning you!)

reason number 1: THE WEEDS are crzy in our lawn and we couldn't get rid of them so solution? tear it all up and start over again...

reason number 2: THE INSECTS!!!! we lifted up our cement pads and look what we saw.....

ANTS and LOTS of them!! and LOTS of eggs......

we also have dew worms which I don't know if you have heard of them... anyways when it rains they all come up and the make your grass REALLY bumpy and the only way to REALLY get rid of them is to rip up the grass and spray, spray, spray and then spray one more time just in case!!!

So here Wade is starting to rip it all up....

This is were the big massive dead stump used to sit....

again where the stump was...

again were the stump was haha

and here he is still going at it... it was really hot out so I got hot and sweaty so I went back inside and still haven't taken pictures of the finished product... I will do that sometime soon though!

and here is the proof of our WEEDS/GRASS haha


Wade rotor tilling...

this is what the yard looked like before (sorry these are kind of backwards but I don't know how to fix it...)

our neighbor to the right of us is doing the exact same thing so we are kind of folowing him with it all we are hoping to get it fenced off and everything befor winter so Ruger can go out and play...by the way he is getting big and I don't like it!
anyways all that is all for tonight it is almost 11 and WAAAY past my bedtime so I better be off to bed...this is one thig that has kept us busy and hopefully we will get most of it done this weekend I will certainly update you on all that is going on!!












2 comments:

  1. I can totally hear you saying "..and spray one more time, just in case!!" you know, in that exasperated half-yell you get sometimes? haha love it!!

    ReplyDelete